Looking for spiritual practices to help guide you through life’s greatest challenges and opportunities? Having difficulty finding peace amidst the daily chaos? Have you thought about meditation, but don’t know where to begin? Consider Union’s new Meditations program.
This six-week course will help guide you through the basics of meditation, reflection and journaling, and equip participants with powerful new practices and resources. Taught by Lester Strong—who has studied Eastern philosophies and meditation for over 40 years—this program will deepen your spirituality and improve your life!
MEDITATIONS QUALIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION
- Is for anyone interested in developing a stronger set of mental and emotional tools designed to better navigate virtually every aspect of life
- Is suitable for both new and experienced meditators. For experienced meditators, it will be important to use the meditation techniques offered during the course.
- Will be six two-hour sessions (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm) where participants will meditate, journal and engage in group discussions. Class dates: September 11, 18, 25 October 2, 9, 16, 23
- The course costs $1,500, though scholarships may be available for those who cannot afford it.
- Will require homework from week to week involving meditation, journaling and intention-building.
- Is based on many wonderful texts that specifically speak to the topics and techniques being used. The reading syllabus will be held until the end of the course so that participants can focus on their direct experience rather than the interpretations of others.
Click Here to Apply for the 2018 Cohort of the Meditations Program
Finding your Path is a three-hour introduction to a series of customized practices and techniques which enable you to effectively navigate every aspect of your life. Drawing from time-tested meditation practices, contemplation techniques and multiple spiritual traditions; Finding Your Path explores what it means to expand your mental and emotional capacity in order to live a more purposeful life. This workshop is ideal for beginning meditators, those looking to reconnect with their meditation practice, or deepen their mindfulness practice using singing bowls and mantra.
Finding your Path is the first of six PATHWAYS sessions which you can either take together or separately. The sessions explore developing a positive relationship with Love, Fear and Death as well as techniques for answering life’s most vexing questions.
About Lester Strong, Pathways Founder & Teacher: Lester has studied Eastern philosophies and practiced meditation on four continents (North America, Asia, Europe and Australia) over the past 40 years. He taught in and managed meditation centers in Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA and Boston, MA for 20 years. He served on the board of directors as well as president and CEO of the Siddha Yoga Foundation which operates yoga and meditation centers in 46 countries. Lester has maintained a daily meditation practice for the past four decades.
May 12th from 2-5pm ~ Cost: Before May 9th, $40.00; After May 9th. $50. Reserve your seat here!
Anahata is located in beautiful Uptown Kingston, NY at 35 North Front Street. They are on the second floor right upstairs from Halfmoon Books and across the street from Dominick’s Cafe. There are two free municipal parking lots located on North Front Street as well as off of Schwenk Drive (just behind the studio). Metered parking is free after 5:00 and on weekends.
Pathways To Conscious Living: Navigating Life’s Challenges with Lester Strong
Pathways is for anyone interested in developing a set of mental and emotional tools designed to better navigate virtually every aspect of life. It is suitable for both new and experienced meditators.
Thursday nights, April 5 to May 10 (6 weeks)
Six-class package (must register by April 4) $120.00
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Venue: MaMA, 3588 Main Street , Stone Ridge, NY 12484
Pathways To Conscious Living: Navigating Life’s Challenges
Pathways to Conscious Living grew out of my desire to offer a set of mindful tools which have served me well over the past 40 years and I believe can support others in their pursuit of a life filled with love and meaning. One pillar of this course is meditation, with the goal of not merely achieving mental and physical wellbeing but also to forging an unbreakable connection with a Universal Intelligence which pervades everything. Through that connection, participants will discover new pathways that can dramatically enhance mental and emotional agency.
The other pillar is the formulation of Intention; specifically regarding love, fear and death, which are central aspects to every human life. It’s important to understand that intention is not about how we want the world to be; rather it is about how we want to be in the world. Through intention, Pathways strives to enable participants to love more profoundly, confront fear more courageously and embrace death more peacefully.
- for anyone interested in developing a set of mental and emotional tools designed to better navigate virtually every aspect of life.
- suitable for both new and experienced meditators.
- six two-hour sessions in which participants will meditate, journal and engage in group discussions.
- homework from week to week involving meditation, journaling and preparation for discussion groups.
- based on many wonderful books that specifically speak to the topics and techniques being used. The reading syllabus will be held until the end of the course so that participants focus on their direct experience rather than interpretations of others.
What to bring:
• A journal and pen.
• Downloaded copy of XUMANTRA; recordings of Tibetan Singing Bowls
• Comfortable loose fitting clothes.
• Yoga mat and cushion if you choose to sit on the floor