Looking for spiritual practices to help guide you through life’s greatest challenges and opportunities? Having difficulty finding peace amidst the daily chaos? Have you thought about meditation, but don’t know where to begin? Consider Union’s new Meditations program.
This six-week course will help guide you through the basics of meditation, reflection and journaling, and equip participants with powerful new practices and resources. Taught by Lester Strong—who has studied Eastern philosophies and meditation for over 40 years—this program will deepen your spirituality and improve your life!
MEDITATIONS QUALIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION
- Is for anyone interested in developing a stronger set of mental and emotional tools designed to better navigate virtually every aspect of life
- Is suitable for both new and experienced meditators. For experienced meditators, it will be important to use the meditation techniques offered during the course.
- Will be six two-hour sessions (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm) where participants will meditate, journal and engage in group discussions. Class dates: September 11, 18, 25 October 2, 9, 16, 23
- The course costs $1,500, though scholarships may be available for those who cannot afford it.
- Will require homework from week to week involving meditation, journaling and intention-building.
- Is based on many wonderful texts that specifically speak to the topics and techniques being used. The reading syllabus will be held until the end of the course so that participants can focus on their direct experience rather than the interpretations of others.